Hair loss in men is quite common, as millions suffer from this problem. Thankfully, you can manage hair loss with the different treatment methods available now, ranging from laser treatments and hair transplant treatments to various kinds of medications. In fact, as per a report, by 2026, the laser hair loss treatment market is expected to reach $318.4 million globally.
If you are suffering from hair loss, it is recommended to seek the best hair loss treatment in Chevy Chase, MD, from a reliable center for hair care and restoration before it gets too late. Let’s learn more about hair loss, its causes, and ways to restore hair growth in men.
What Is Male Pattern Baldness?
Male pattern baldness, also known as androgenetic alopecia, is generally an inherited condition usually affecting men over 50 years of age. Different chronic diseases and stress might also cause this problem.
Male pattern baldness happens when new hair stops growing, or hair falls too quickly. There can be gradual thinning of hair or sudden bald patch depending on the kind of hair loss.
17 Ways to Stimulate Hair Growth in Men
Here are some tried and tested methods for stimulating hair growth in men suffering from male pattern baldness:
- Refrain from very cold showers or very hot showers, and avoid using chilled or scalding hot water on the scalp.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet comprising essential nutrients like proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
- Make sure you sleep well, as sleeping boosts blood circulation around the hair follicles and stimulates hair growth.
- Do away with stress as much as possible. Being stressed impacts hair health and causes hair loss.
- Do not comb hair when wet since wet hair breaks easily and can lead to split ends.
- Never rub vigorously when towel-drying your hair. Be gentle and use moderate temperatures when using hair dryers as well.
- Do not forget to use the conditioner after shampooing, as it keeps the hair moisturized.
- Refrain from shampooing every day. Washing your hair 2-3 times per week should be enough.
- Try diluted essential oils on the hair weekly to condition them well.
- Try sleeping on a satin or silk pillowcase to reduce friction leading to hair breakage.
- Do not forget to include regular scalp massages in your routine, as it increases blood flow to the scalp and stimulates hair growth.
- Try exercising regularly, as it promotes scalp health and helps in hair growth.
- Refrain from using hair styling products regularly, like heating rods, straighteners, etc.
- Get a hair trim at regular intervals so that the split ends and weak strands fall off, giving way to new and strong hair.
- Take care that you do not lose weight very quickly if you intend to shed some extra pounds from your body.
- Certain medications help with natural hair restoration and growth.
- Refrain from coloring your hair too much, as chemical hair treatments and bleaches tend to weaken the hair strands..
Causes of Hair Loss in Males
Some of the most common causes leading to hair loss in men are:
- Stressful events or chronic stress often lead to hair fall.
- If you have male baldness in the family history and genetics, there is a high chance that you will develop it too.
- Medical treatments and medications for heart diseases, cancer, gout, arthritis, depression, etc., often cause hair fall.
- Medical conditions like autoimmune diseases, hormonal issues, thyroid, scalp infections, etc., can lead to hair loss and gradual balding.
- Common Medication Options for Hair Loss in Men
Many men seeking hair loss treatment choose medications to combat the problem. Some common medications include:
- Finasteride (Proscar and Propecia) – This pill must be taken daily and needs a prescription from the doctor. It takes almost 3 months for results to appear.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine) – An over-the-counter medication, Minoxidil is available as foam or liquid. Apply to the scalp twice daily for best results.
Making Lifestyle Changes for Combating Hair Loss
Poor lifestyle might lead to problems of hair loss in both men and women. Here are some changes that you can make to deal with the issue:
- Massaging the scalp helps to stimulate the hair follicles by bettering blood circulation in the scalp.
- Work on reducing stress as it impacts overall health, including hair health.
- Make sure you have a balanced diet comprising all the essential nutrients for maintaining a healthy mind and body.
- Quit smoking immediately, as smoking leads to hair loss in men.
- Getting a good night’s sleep is important.
Alternative Remedies for Hair Loss Treatment
Apart from medical therapies and FUT, FUE, or hair transplant treatments, you can also try these alternative remedies for treating the problem of hair loss.
- Taking saw palmetto as an oral supplement or using it for topical application.
- Using different kinds of oils, including peppermint oil, rosemary oil, olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil.
- Topically applying onion juice.
- Including biotin-rich foods like eggs, nuts, oats, onions, and sweet potatoes.
- Drinking green tea.
- Applying the extract of Bhringraj on the scalp and hair.
- Applying extract of Chinese hibiscus for hair restoration and growth.
Essential Hair Care Tips
Here are some essential hair care tips for men:
- Dry hair gently and avoid rough rubbing
- Do not over-wash your hair
- Use a conditioner after shampooing
- Use minimal chemical products on your hair
- Protect your hair from chlorine in pools
- Do not expose hair to excessive heating or styling
- Be gentle with your hair as much as possible while brushing or hair styling
- Take Control of Your Hair Loss with Mane Center for Advanced Hair Restoration
If you are looking for the best hair loss treatment in Chevy Chase, MD, there is no better alternative than Mane Center for Advanced Hair Restoration. Our center specializes in hair transplant treatment along with other various hair restoration treatment options.
Dr. Douglas Burka and the Mane Center offer the best hair loss treatment in collaboration with a super-talented team. Contact our center for your personalized consultation about non-surgical hair loss treatment or hair restoration treatment options for you.
Mane Center for Advanced Hair Restoration specializes in offering a variety of superior restorative and preventative hair loss treatments. We evaluate the unique circumstances of your hair loss and recommend the best hair transplant in Chevy Chase, Maryland. We offer hair loss patients with multiple advanced, effective surgical procedures like FUE , FUT, and HARRTS , along with non-surgical procedures such as PRP therapy to enhance hair growth and hair systems to supplement growth.