Eyebrow Restoration in Chevy Chase, MD
Eyebrows are an essential and prominent feature of the face. Usually, we rely on makeup and even eyebrow tattoos to fill up our eyebrows. However, with the advancement of medical science, eyebrow transplant has become a popular procedure and a more effective solution. An eyebrow hair transplant is a cosmetic procedure where hair grafts (plugs) are transferred to your brow area using your own hair. New hairs will grow from these grafts, thus producing a complete and natural look.
Eyebrow Restoration Methods
Our eyebrow restoration methods include techniques like Follicular Unit Transfer (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), in which our expert hair surgeons in Maryland move individual hairs from an area of greater density on your scalp or body to your eyebrows.
With your opinions and ideas, our experts will personally design your eyebrows to achieve your desired look.
Candidates suitable for eyebrow transplantation include people with:
- Naturally thin eyebrows.
- Hair loss is not occurring due to a medical condition.
- Severe hair loss due to over-plucking/ harsh chemical products.
An eyebrow transplant is not advisable if you have:
What to expect during the procedure?
Our experts/surgeons will review the following:
- Medical record
- Past and present medical conditions.
- Medication history
- Previous surgeries
- Eyebrow history (plucking, tweezing, tattooing).
- Scalp examination to determine the quality, density, and texture of your hair, as well as the number of grafts potentially required for desirable results.
Additionally, you will need to collaborate with our team to:
- Discuss your reasons for having an eyebrow transplant.
- Review your expectations with the surgery regarding your appearance.
- Take photographs as a part of your medical record.
- View and analyze approved before and after photos of the previous patients.
Preparing for eyebrow hair transplant
Certain tests will be performed depending on your age and health conditions.
Things to avoid before your eyebrow hair transplant:
- Smoking: Stop smoking a few days before and during the recovery procedure. Smoking reduces blood flow, slows the healing process, and heightens the risk of tissue damage. Not smoking would help you optimize your postoperative results, thus helping you heal quickly.
- Certain medications: Certain medications should be strictly avoided before and during the procedure, such as, but not limited to, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, herbal supplements to prevent excess bleeding. You need to bring along a relative or friend who would drop you off, pick you up from our clinic, and stay with you during at least the first night of the surgery. If you prefer privacy, then we will provide you with a professional caregiver for your postoperative care.
Contact us to schedule an appointment for your eyebrow restoration procedure with our experts at Mane Center for Advanced Hair Restoration.
Our surgeons are fully experienced and take care to place all the hair follicles in the proper direction and angle to achieve natural-looking results.
Yes, absolutely! You will be asked about your desired expectations regarding your eyebrow transplantation. Our surgeons can increase the width, height, length, density and change the shape (straight, curved, high arch, soft arch, upward, and “s” shaped) to match your idea of the perfect brow.
The recovery period for an eyebrow transplant is comparatively fast. There can be some scabbing around the brows for the first few days, which should not be picked at. Also, it will help if you avoid strenuous exercise up to 3 weeks after your surgery. Contact your surgeon if you experience any bleeding, swelling, or pus at the operation site.
You will notice the transplanted hairs falling out after a few weeks. This is totally normal because of the natural hair cycle process. Patients typically begin to see hair growth 3-4 months after the procedure.
This is an in-office procedure, and our team can keep you very comfortable by using appropriate medications.