The eyes are the most striking facial feature, and the eyebrows are known to frame them – enhancing the overall look. When it comes to fuller eyebrows, not all individuals are naturally blessed; here, eyebrow restoration can come in handy. Let’s continue reading to learn more about eyebrow restoration.
What Is an Eyebrow Hair Restoration?
An eyebrow hair restoration is a permanent cosmetic procedure to make the eyebrows appear fuller. A cosmetic surgeon replaces the eyebrow hair with a graft of hair – containing between 2 to 15 hair follicles – usually removed from above the ear. After the skin heals, the eyebrows look more defined and dense.
Reasons for Eyebrow Loss or Thinning
Eyebrow thinning is a natural process while aging. Plucking is another contributing factor – during younger days if eyebrows are taken care of, it could also result in sparse eyebrows. However, eyebrow loss could also be signaling an underlying health issue.
Here are a few reasons for eyebrow hair thinning:
- Skin conditions
- Hair disorders
- Autoimmune conditions
- Thyroid disease
- Lower zinc levels
- Prescribed medications
- Bleeding disorder
Eyebrow Transplant Procedure – An Overview
It is crucial to have a comprehensive consultation with the cosmetic surgeon to establish the desired outcome of the procedure before undergoing eyebrow hair restoration surgery. Here are the steps your cosmetic surgeon will undergo before, during, and after the eyebrow transplant –
Before the Eyebrow Hair Transplant Procedure
- The cosmetic surgeon will ask about family history and inquire about any underlying diseases, ongoing medications, and lifestyle.
- The surgeon will examine the potential donor area of the scalp and inspect eyebrow hair growth.
- Risks, side effects, and procedure charges can be discussed with the surgeon.
- The surgeon will advise on the type of anesthesia that will be given during the procedure.
During the Eyebrow Hair Transplant Procedure
- First, the surgeon will administer anesthesia for a painless surgery.
- Part of the scalp or donor area will be trimmed for easy access.
- The surgeon will then use a scalpel to remove hair grafts from the scalp and stitch back the area once done.
- Hair grafts will then be placed in a chilled saline solution and stored for up to an hour before implanting.
- After making a slit in the skin, the hair grafts will be placed on the eyebrows. Once the hair graft properly fits in place, the transplant area will be stitched together.
After the Eyebrow Hair Transplant Procedure
An eyebrow hair transplant is usually a one-day procedure, and one can go home right away post-surgery, but a few things are to be kept in mind:
- Plenty of rest is advised post-cosmetic procedure
- Avoid any strenuous activities
- Wash the surgical area with the utmost caution
- Bandages are to be removed on advice
- Take prescribed medications on time
- Follow up with the surgeon to remove stitches and check for recovery
Benefits of Eyebrow Transplant
The benefits are as follows:
- With an eyebrow transplant, one can achieve that natural-looking appearance
- There is freedom from regular threading and plucking – saving time and money on parlor visits
- Eyebrow hair restoration is a permanent solution, giving a lifetime of happiness
- With thick, permanent eyebrows, self-confidence gets a boost
- Subtle enhancements like length and shape are possible with eyebrow hair transplant
- Say goodbye to all expensive eyebrow pencils and fillers with eyebrow hair restoration procedure
Risks and Side Effects of Eyebrow Restoration
Unlike any other hair transplant procedure, eyebrow hair restoration also comes with minor risks and side effects. They are:
- There are high chances of developing bruises around the eyebrows, but this will be temporary. Medication can help ease the swelling that may occur post-surgery.
- The newly transplanted hair might grow in length, similar to natural hair. However, one can trim it regularly into the desired shape and size.
- The hair growth may be coarse and different from the regular eyebrow hair, but after a while, the transplanted hair will take characteristics of the surrounding hair type and eventually grow naturally.
- In rare cases, new follicles may not produce new hair. The recipient site, in this case the eyebrows, may not accept hair graft of the donor area; hence, no growth may occur at all.
Other complications may include:
- Nerve damage
- Excessive bleeding
Therefore, it is advised to speak to a reliable and experienced cosmetic surgeon at length to discuss and disclose any medical conditions that may lead to unnecessary complications.
Eyebrow Hair Restoration – A Painless and Safe Method
An eyebrow hair transplant is painless and safe when performed by a skilled cosmetic surgeon. With administered anesthesia, the patient may feel nothing during the surgery. Slight pain is experienced during the recovery process, which can be dealt with prescribed medications.
Thick and defined eyebrows are now possible with the help of eyebrow hair transplant. This is a permanent solution that can bring confidence back. Though a few risks are involved, seeing and consulting the best reputable surgeon is advisable to get the desired result.
Get the Best-Defined Eyebrows at Mane Center for Advanced Hair Restoration
We at Mane Center for Advanced Hair Restoration use leading-edge technology to offer the best hair restoration solutions. Dr. Douglas Burka, a board-certified surgeon, and his skilled team strive to provide expert-guided care for all hair transplant needs. If you are looking for an eyebrow hair transplant in Chevy Chase, Maryland, contact us today.
Mane Center for Advanced Hair Restoration specializes in offering a variety of superior restorative and preventative hair loss treatments. We evaluate the unique circumstances of your hair loss and recommend the best hair transplant in Chevy Chase, Maryland. We offer hair loss patients with multiple advanced, effective surgical procedures like FUE , FUT, and HARRTS , along with non-surgical procedures such as PRP therapy to enhance hair growth and hair systems to supplement growth.